Tuesday 2 July 2013

Shopping for a Party of 11: The Basics {Spartys}

So, now that you have read this post and have the plan, let's kick it off now and talk party basics.

If you're going to have a party of any reasonable size, there are plenty of basics you'll need. Like what? Well, thanks for asking!

To start, there's plates, bowls, cups, glasses, straws, forks, knives, spoons, plates, napkins, tablecloths, serving dishes, tongs and serving utensils. Are you going to have a cake? You'll need candles, more plates, more forks, a cutting knife, perhaps a cake stand, a cake board, a cake box, ribbon, sprinkles and other decorations. What about your party decorations? Balloons, streamers, banners, ribbon, centrepieces. Are you doing party favours? You'll also need bags, boxes, and probably even more ribbon.




And that's before you've organised a gift, something to wear, the food, the cake and how to get Grandma and Grandad to and from the party!

What you obviously need is for me to find you a magical place where they sell all of this stuff, at a reasonable price, with locations all over. Don't you?


Balloons of every colour - literally as far as the eye can see!

Well I think I might have, and that place is Spartys. Spartys is part of Spotlight stores in lots of locations in NSW.

My local Spartys is at Campbelltown and this week I popped down to have a look around. I must admit I do go there often, but for some reason I hadn't been for a while.

Now, if you've been following this blog closely, you'll have noticed that I love to seek out handmade and specialty items. In fact I've come out and blatantly said it a few times. But there is something to be said for keeping it all as simple as possible and mixing and matching basic items, colours and patterns.


I hadn't seen this range before. Love that rainbow lantern garland.

Or if you're much more dextrous than me, creating something fantastic from the fairly ordinary.

Like this...


This amazing button backdrop could easily be re-created with plastic table cloths, plates, stickers and trim. I think even I could manage that! (by Carosello Blog)


Or this...


Place this firmly in my "Why didn't I think of this?" file (www.eventlucky.com/?p=6095)

Or THIS...

An amazing jungle waterfall made entirely of balloons! (via Catch my Party)

The limit is obviously just your imagination - or other peoples' imaginations if you need some help in the party decorations department!

As well as party basics I also spotted plenty of themed party goods, more sprinkles and cake decorations that you will ever need, and tons of fancy dress clothes and accessories. The lovely ladies there were also making up made-to-order balloon bouquets and shapes in every size and colour.

So, I'm marking Spartys down as my go-to for party basics and more. Have you given it a try? What did you pick up?


No comments:

Post a Comment