Tuesday 19 March 2013

Tasteless Easter Bunny Picture!


So, in this blog I've promised you all the Cheers, Tears and Ideas for entertaining a Party of 11. Here is one of the Tears - yes, this lovely, innocent looking Easter Bunny carrot cake with cream cheese icing from last year.

You see, it looks OK, other than the shabby tray its on and the substandard photography, but you'll understand why I couldn't be bothered with presentation and photography when, after it came out of the oven, I looked over and noticed mixed spice and cinnamon still sitting unused on my kitchen bench.

Yes indeed, I had baked a butter cake with grated carrots in it. No taste whatsoever. Having left it to the last minute of course, I had no choice but to keep going and try and make it look cute at least. And make the best cream cheese icing ever. I think I just about got away with it.

Of course, I really needn't have worried. I bet you can't guess what it was on this cake that my 2 and 4 year old nieces fought over?? Yep, the BOW!!!

In case you would like to make a bunny cake like this you'll need a basic carrot cake recipe for 2 round 20cm cakes with cream cheese icing. Both of the ears are cut out of the 2nd cake. The decorations are Smarties for the eyes and nose, pink coloured caster sugar for the cheeks and ears, and licorice strips for the mouth and whiskers. Don't forget the bow - and all of the ingredients!

So, tell me, have you ever skipped a vital ingredient in a dish you served up? Did you get away with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment